5.18.2008

Powercourt Gardens and Fish n Chips

Sunday in Ireland! The day started kind of late, about 9:45. We met at the school around 11, and took a bus to Powercourt Gardens in County Wicklow. It was gorgeous! I took like 58 pics there. The new profile pic is me smelling some roses growing up the side of the mansion. I uploaded some pics to facebook, and I will add some more here! See below for sampling of pics.

****








_________




After we all, walked arond the gardens for a couple of hours and took ridiculous amounts of pictures of the grounds, and some random pictures of ourselves posing with flowers, etc, the bus took us to the grocery store so we could get some stuff for our house and some food, because it is way too expensive to eat out every night! The dollar sucks. My 4.95 euro sandwich was actually 7+ US dollars. Boo.


________


So, after we got back from the grocery store, we chilled for a bit, then me and my housemates went out to dinner at a famous fish 'n chips place around the corner from our house. It was a really cute place, and the food was pretty good. Also, chips are just french fries, by the way. Potato chips here are crisps, and fries are chips.

*

What was hilarious, was that we were eating at a famous local shop, "Dublin's Oldest Chipper" as the sign said, and the Irish radio station, as we ate, was playing classic American songs, like "Sweet Home Alabama," and "Kokomo." It was hilarious. A couple pics from the restaurant are below.

________


Apparently, famous people eat here! ;-)
_________________
So classes start bright and early tomorrow! I think my housemate and I are going to jump the Dublin Hop on-Hop off bus and see what we can find! :-)

1 comment:

  1. My soul mate. I am glad to see that you have arrived safely and are having a fabulous time. It looks even more beautiful than I imagined. Have a good time. And good luck with class. I know it is early in the morning there. So have a good day. Talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete