5.24.2008

Internet Cafe!

Right now, I'm sitting on the computer at an Internet Cafe in Cork! I have tried to Skype my parents and my aunt, but the connection is a little shaky from here. I'm sure it will work much better with my own laptop and headset back in Dublin. :-)

Cork is lovely! It's much more urban than I expected, but it's beautiful! We went to Blarney Castle and I kissed the Blarney Stone! It's supposed to give you the gift of gab, or eloquence! I could use some eloquence in my life. ;-) And at the Blarney Castle, they have these stairs called the Wishing Stairs--you go up and down with your eyes closed, thinking only of your wish, and it is supposed to come true in a year! So I will write again, May 24 2009, and see where I'm at with my wish. :-)

So, I kissed the Blarney Stone, and I hit my head on the castle wall on the way back up, haha! I will post the all the excessive Blarney and Cork pictures soon!

We're staying at a nice hostel called the Kenlay House, in Cork, for the night, and we will leave tomorrow around lunchtime to head back to Dublin! I will write again soon! :-D

1 comment:

  1. In one of your previous post of pictures you are with Oscar Wilde. I visited a Pub he used to write in while in Doolin, when i was in Ireland. I recommend Doolin if you get a chance to visit the western coast. Hope you are having a great time. i am sure you miss the Pine straw at camp.

    PS check out the staff blog for a video of the new Blob.

    ReplyDelete