6.11.2008

Some Trips, and our Last Hurrah!

It's only Wednesday night, but tonight, our Student Director took almost all of us out to dinner at a really cool pub, where we got three courses plus live music and dancing! It was such a great time. And this was a great way to end the day we spent in Kilkenny with our class! As soon as we got back from that trip, we're dropped off at the pub for a great night.

The pub from tonight was called Merry Ploughboy's-- google it. It was such a great time. When they asked for volunteers to sing, my friends pointed and tried to get me go, but lucky for me, I was on the inside corner of a booth, so I simply couldn't get out. ;-)

In a seperate entry (I'm on a roll, three in one night) I'll post just the pictures and video footage I took tonight and the past few days.

Here's a brief recap of what's gone on-- Sunday was a lazy day. I don't believe we left the house at all. Each Sunday I've considered trying to get to church, but as I am the lone Protestant (not to mention my very lacking sense of direction), I've chosen to celebrate privately these Sundays. :-) And since this coming Sunday is Father's day, and despite the fact that I will be most likely be super-messed up due to jet lag and lack of sleep, I am going to attempt to be at my home church! :-)

Monday-- Our class went to visit a few sights in area--we were going to go to the National Gallery of Modern Art, but sadly, the exhibits were closed on Mondays! So we wondered the grounds aimlessly waiting for our bus to return. After that we visited Kilamein Jail (I have no idea how to spell that). It was a solemn but very interesting site! Also, I finished my paper on Monasterboice that night. Did I post pics of Monasterboice? I think I did on Facebook.

Tuesday-- Class, where we had a guest lecturer, who was a retired EU official and diplomat. He gave an interesting perspective on the upcoming (and very big deal!) vote on the Lisbon Treaty. Google it--the vote is tomorrow!

Today, Kilkenny and the pub! Today was a good day, for sure.

Tomorrow-- Last day of class-- turning our essays and taking a test. Also, we might be going out for a last hurrah that night. I suppose I will go, though it is always awkward being the only one who doesn't drink. It will be my last real night with everyone, as we'll be staying in the house and packing, etc, on Friday night. We'll see how it goes. :-)

I have loved my time here, but home is sounding sweeter and sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment