6.09.2008

Last Week!

So, the title can be taken two ways: a) a recap of the previous week, or b) the fact that today marks that start of my final week here! I love the ambiguity of the English language. ;-)

Kasey and I went to Belfast on Saturday! It was much too short of a day trip for my liking, simply because I wanted to see so much! We didn't get a lot of free time in the city, but we did get to see the political and religious tension in Belfast, a heavy contrast to the beauty and elegance of the city itself. I know I want to come back sometime in my life to Belfast for a longer trip. And I will post pictures up and write a more detailed entry on that trip later.

I finally finished the paper for my previous class; that was one thing that kept stopping me from uploading pictures or writing here. Now that that one is finished, I have another one to turn in by the end of this week, but it should be much more straightforward and shorter. My themes in Irish history class is going very well-- the prof kind of looks like a caricature of Mr. Scrooge, but he is the kindest, pleasantest man you ever met. And we take field trips every day, which takes the pressure off of me and my friends to do our own touring!

This last week is bound to be interesting--some people have started to pair off, we're starting to become more aware of how far away we all are from each other in the States, and people who were homesick are more reluctant to leave. We've formed a tight knit group over the past four weeks, and a reunion at some point in the future is as inevitable as it is desirable.

I, for one, will be intrigued to see if any of you new blog readers are going to stick with me after I get back. Generally my entries are much more contemplative than they are a recap of my day, so you may be bored with the change. ;-)

For anyone who is in or around Columbia and doesn't mind staying up a bit late, my plane will land in the Columbia Metro Airport at about 11:30pm on Saturday June 14th. Mark the date! I will post all the details for the flights and layovers at the end of the week. And I promise, more pictures will show up here and on Facebook very soon! I need to make room on my camera!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment