5.23.2008

Cork!

Ok, everyone! I will be out of contact via computer this weekend. A bunch of us are heading to Cork ghastly early tomorrow morning--we're catching a 6 AM bus so we can have as much of the day as possible. It should be around 10 AM when we get to Cork, and we're going to explore the countryside, go see the Blarney Castle (and yes, Carrie, I am going to kiss the Blarney Stone. I could use some eloquence in my life!), and find a restaraunt to chill and watch the Ireland/Serbia soccer game. After we do that, we'll head to the hostel to stay the night, and head back to Dublin Sunday morning. Expect many pictures.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying flip about soccer, but the other night, we watched the Manchester/Chelsea game in a pub with all the locals, and the atmosphere was great! It was basically like sitting in Wild Wings in Columbia when Clemson and Carolina play each other--big deal and very fun. Luckily for us, the majority of the locals pulled for Manchester, and they won, so we felt like our team had won, haha!

So anyway, I'll have my school provided mobile with me should anyone need to get in contact with me! I know you'll all be waiting for the awkward and obligatory Blarney stone picture! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment