5.17.2008

House Pics and Day 2

The crazy, Scooby-Doo esque keys.
The kitchen. This where you can tell they've recently redone the house. New stove, microwave, washer/dryer, etc.
This is me on the plane, posing and taking pictures of myself. The guy next to me was snickering.
Here is the outside view of the house where we're staying! Door knob in the middle, like hobbits have in the Shire! ;-) We have a cute iron gate too, it's adorable.
The street my house is on. Yay.
Living room at the house. Fun times. Towel and coffee mugs are catching the water that leaks when we use the upstairs shower. We gave our student director a list of maitenance issues, and this is one of them. Nothing is seriously wrong, just lots of little things. Some of the girls are irked, but it's an old, cozy house. I'm perfectly fine with it. :-)
My room. My roommate arrived here today from New York.
__________________
I am so sad because I can't get to the pictures I took today! I forgot to put my memory card back in the camera last night, so those pics are stored in my camera's memory, and I didn't bring my camera's cord, just my memory card adapter. Sad day! So the facebook profile I had my friend take of me posing on Grafton Street and the picture of me tasting Guiness in the Guiness storehouse are stuck on my camera for now! But one of my housemates has a similar camera, so she might have brought her card. Fingers crossed.
*
I kind of liked the taste of Guiness, but it was still too strong for me. They only gave us a very small taste, and I couldn't drink the whole thing. But it has a cool taste that reminded me of coffee. They gave us a coupon get a free pint in the upstairs lounge, but I got a Coke. LOL!
*
We walk so much here; forget trying to exercise! It's a 20 minute walk to the school, and the city is huge. I walk SO much. It's great. But there is so much public transportation. Like trains go right down the roads with cars, and buses are everywhere, and cabs are everywhere.
*
Dublin is a huge Charleston, basically. I love it.
***
Hey! I have a cell phone, called a mobile (long I) in Ireland. If you want to call me, all incoming calls are free for me. It's like a Go-phone, you pay as you go. My phone had leftover money on it, and I added 10 euro, so call away! However, you all will be charged for the call, depending on your international call rates. Check with your provider.
**
PHONE NUMBER: 011-353-86-302-9122 (just like that) I wonder if you guys could call me collect? Who knows? You're welcome to try, I have plenty of minutes. And I will post a mailing address as soon as I know what it is. :-)


2 comments:

  1. Hey, your bed isn't lofted!! Woot!

    I love the hobbit door. They're perfect for you. (Take that as you will).

    It all sounds lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog, as I do so often btw.
    I'm happy you landed safely and you like your house and such! Unfortunately, i have no idea what my international call charges are, so ill probably just talk to you through facebook and such. Hopefully you'll like your classes just as much.
    Praying for you and missing you!
    XOXO Jaxie

    ReplyDelete