5.22.2008

End Week 1







A sample of pics from the week. Feeling too lazy to write captions, as it is past midnight 'round here. All you need to know is a park in the city, ghost tour, and National Gallery (which was gorgeous by the way.) So I have been chastised for not updating in a couple days. I am still alive, and still enjoying myself immensely! :-D


*


I have learned that the classes here are very laid back. Most of the time we don't have class at all, we just take off on a field trip or watch a movie. Though, the first day we did have a great discussion, and we are asked to read four books and write a paper. Which we haven't even discussed and the class if halfway over. But like I said, Ireland is so laid back. I fit right in.


*


I sent out my first batch of postcards. You won't believe how expensive this endeavor is, lol. So once you get a postcard, that's it, lol! Souvenier shopping is lots of fun too, but once again, I am buying very little because everything is so expensive 'round here. And completely off subject, my mostly northern fellow students say that I don't have much of a southern accent, but that it comes out occassionally when I talk, and much more when I call home. ;-)


*


There is housing drama. We may end up being moved. I found out that the reason we aren't staying where the original stuff said we were was because the school lost their bid on the lease or something, and had to make other plans. I don't want to move, as right now I have my own room, and the perfect housemates! I just want my internet to work consistently, and I will be a happy camper.


*


I miss camp! Love you guys!


*

I won't be around the computer this weekend, as I and most of the other students are making our way, in three groups, I think, to Cork for the weekend. :-) I'm excited! I am going to kiss the Blarney Stone if it's the last thing I ever do. ;-) I could use the gift of gab; eloquence comes in handy! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you did the Dublin Ghost Bus tour!! Is that not the campiest thing ever?? My friend dragged me on it when we were in Dublin, and I found it absolutely hilarious! And yet, surprisingly, I actually enjoyed myself (but don't tell her that, given all the grief I gave her about it) ;-) Sounds like you're having an amazing time, chica! Can't wait for the awkward Blarney stone pics! :)

    ReplyDelete