4.30.2008

Stuck

Should I be studying for my last final or working on my last essay now? Yes. Now that that's out in the open--

;-)

I'm not so eager to leave campus. I'm very ready to be done with exams and papers--I'm just two days away from that fantastic moment! But I've really enjoyed this year at school. So much better than my first year, when news of deaths and sickness of loved ones came far too often. This year has been tougher, academically, but I've also been more focused, more entrenched in a circle of friends, and I've been blessed to assist in leading a community group of girls at BCM. I started this year after an amazing summer, and despite the excitement on the horizon for this summer, I'm reluctant to pack up and head back to suburbia, away from this city, away from the old and new friends I've come to depend on so much.

I'm not ready to say goodbye.


Though, despite my trepidation about getting through airports on my own, I'm very much ready to see Dublin, Ireland. This trip has been in the works for two years. In fact, I'll be writing fairly regularly about my days in Ireland on this blog. Bookmark it!

I've never liked goodbyes, anyway. In fact, I try to avoid them if possible. Or I act like it's just another one of our "see-you-laters". But once I do say goodbye to you, that's it. I don't want to do it again. So I wait till that last possible moment, and if we do happen to cross paths a few minutes later, don't be offended if I don't do more than wave and smile.

Summer is long and unpredictable. School life is comfortable. So here is one of very few instances when I might agree with the French. Let's not say goodbye, but "Au Revoir!"

No comments:

Post a Comment