4.01.2008

Not Whining. Too easy.

"Delight yourself in the Lord,

and he will give you the desires of your heart."


Psalm 37:4
______________________

Things I desire:



The order varies day by day, but I'd say "the desires of my heart" include: getting married, having a family, becoming a meaningful teacher, and publishing a novel, and getting closer to Christ.

It's so reassuring just to hold on to that promise: God will give me the desires of my heart. But as of late, it seems I've done too much desiring and not enough delighting. And there is so much to delight in:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Phillipians 1:21

"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." --Jesus, from John 15:15

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" Psalm 8:3-4

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to propser you, and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

and my life verse: "God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" Ephesians 3:20

____

So, I'm single, and school's hard. Big whoop. This is the stuff of delight!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-29.

No comments:

Post a Comment