2.05.2008

Out and About

I'm going through a devotional journal, week-by-week, with my accountability partner. She's a close friend, the nearest thing to a sister I'll ever have. And the two of us are going to be helping to lead a retreat at our home church, and we're taking a journey through this book together, to prepare our hearts. Spritual carb load before the race.

This week, it's about ministering. I'm only on the fourth week and this book is in my face-- what am I doing to make this world a little bit better in the name of Christ?

I thought about it, and I came face to face with my own selfishness. Really, what am I doing??

I'm assistant leader for a freshman Bible study. I adore those girls, and I hope I'm at least a small light in their lives. I try my best to live in such a way that people take a second glance. I want to share Christ by living like Him and loving others.

I've always wanted to work with youth. I'm not so sure I'm called to be a youth minister, but since middle school, I've felt called to work in youth ministry. So once I graduate, get a job, my next order of business will be to find a church, even if its not my home church, where I can help lead in youth ministry.

Today is a beautiful day, by the way. The sun is shining, students around me are smiling, and the slightest hint of a breeze whispers through my hair-- it's days like these, embryos of spring, that give me hope.

Corny, right? Well, screw you, I love sunny days. ;-)