4.08.2009

Wednesday

Let's talk about how God is real and how He does intervene in our lives and how He has a definite sense of humor.

Today's Facts

Fact: I have a ten page paper due Friday.
Fact: I have written three other papers so far this week.
Fact: I am slightly stressed.
Fact: The ministries in Charleston put on something tonight called Downtown Community.
Fact: Downtown Community is a public celebration of Easter in Marion Square Park.
Fact: I was only going to stay for a few minutes because I was going to work on my paper.
Fact: My friend called me and asked me to go with her to an event.
Fact: I got distracted while on the phone, and walked out with only my cell phone, effectively locking myself out of my house and away from my essay.

Fact: That was totally supposed to happen.

It's Holy Week, and I've had my mind on school. Not Jesus. People say that life distracts them from school... well, school distracts me from life.

Fact: Through some hilarious circumstances, God basically slapped me upside the head, locked me out of my own house while my roommate was working, and said, "Hillary, whether you like it or not,you're going to go fellowship with other believers and celebrate Easter. You're going to forget about that essay for a few hours, and you're going to laugh, sing, be still, and remember Me."

Turns out I liked it.

Lesson learned. God > School

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment