12.20.2008

Peru!

Who can believe it!

On December 27th, which is exactly a week from today, I'll be getting on a plane with ten other people, only two of whom I've met before, to fly to Lima, Peru. From Lima, we'll travel two days to get to a village in the jungle where we will teach Bible stories to the natives so that they can in turn pass them down in their own language to their children and families, as there is not a translation of the Bible in their language.

Because I won't have any kind of internet or phone access, I can't keep you all updated in real time like I did in Ireland. However, I will take plenty of pictures and keep a journal, and when I come back, I'll post both. Please pray for our trip, for safety, and for good health, and most of all, for the people to whom we'll be giving God's Word.

I want to give you all flight information and our schedule so you can pray for specific needs of the day. :-)

Flight Info


Date

From

To

Depart

Arrive

Flight #

12/27

Charlotte

Houston

12:20pm

2:20pm

Continental #2459

12/27

Houston

Lima

3:55pm

11:26pm

Continental #590

1/8

Lima

Houston

12:40am

6:12am

Continental #591

1/8

Houston

Charlotte

12:25pm

3:50pm

Continental #1027




Schedule

Dec. 27 Arrive in Lima, stay at Hotel Santa Cruz

Dec. 28 Leave at 5 am to drive to Masamari, spend the night in Masamari (Note: this is my 21st Birthday!)

Dec. 29 Leave Masamari by taxi at six am to drive 2 hours to port, travel by boat 7 hours to Shevoja/Anapati

Dec. 30- Jan. 4 Teach storying in local villages in the jungle

Jan. 5 Travel by boat and taxi back to Masamari

Jan. 6 Drive back to Lima, spend the night at Hotel Santa Cruz

Jan. 7 Day in Lima, evening travel back to the US

_________________

Thanks in advance for your prayers, everyone!! :-) I will write extensively of the trip (with pictures included) when I get back!

Hill

1 comment: